Monday, April 11, 2005
give away
i'm such a sucker for sad songs. i live for bittersweet lyrics and haunting melodies. i even cry when i get so affected, even if i'm in the workplace. :)
thanks to an officemate, i got myself a copy of Utada Hikaru's cover of U2's "With or Without You" - my latest LSS. when i heard "First Love", i became an instant fan of Utada. despite the fact that that song is 90% in Japanese, it still got me - her voice was like speaking to me, the emotions were just heartfelt. talk about music as a universal language.
for those who want to hear Utada, i uploaded in Rapidshare her live performance of "With or Without You." just click on the "Free Button" at the bottom of the page and just wait for a few seconds before downloading the file.
and if you want to sing to it as well, below is the lyrics.
for more Utada stuff, just shoot me an e-mail. i just hope i don't get sued for sharing good music. :)
*****
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I wait for you
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you
With or without you, with or without you
Through the storm we reach the shore
You give it all but I want more
And I’m waiting for you
* With or without you, with or without you
I can’t live with or without you
** And you give yourself away
And you give yourself away
And you give, and you give
And you give yourself away
My hands are tied, my body bruised
She’s got me with nothing to win
And nothing left to lose
Repeat **
Repeat * 2x
thanks to an officemate, i got myself a copy of Utada Hikaru's cover of U2's "With or Without You" - my latest LSS. when i heard "First Love", i became an instant fan of Utada. despite the fact that that song is 90% in Japanese, it still got me - her voice was like speaking to me, the emotions were just heartfelt. talk about music as a universal language.
for those who want to hear Utada, i uploaded in Rapidshare her live performance of "With or Without You." just click on the "Free Button" at the bottom of the page and just wait for a few seconds before downloading the file.
and if you want to sing to it as well, below is the lyrics.
for more Utada stuff, just shoot me an e-mail. i just hope i don't get sued for sharing good music. :)
*****
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I wait for you
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you
With or without you, with or without you
Through the storm we reach the shore
You give it all but I want more
And I’m waiting for you
* With or without you, with or without you
I can’t live with or without you
** And you give yourself away
And you give yourself away
And you give, and you give
And you give yourself away
My hands are tied, my body bruised
She’s got me with nothing to win
And nothing left to lose
Repeat **
Repeat * 2x
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
